Laboratory of Nano-Opto-Mechanics (Department of Photonics and Metamaterials, ITMO University, Saint-Petersburg, Russia) offers few PhD positions. Both Local and International Candidates are eligible to apply.
The Laboratory is affiliated with Nanophotonics and Metamaterial Department, ITMO University, St. Petersburg, Russia. The head of the Lab is Alexander S. Shalin (Doctor of Sciences) and the international scientific adviser is Pavel Ginzburg (PhD). Major scientific interests of the Laboratory include, but not limited by:
- The investigations of opto-mechanical interactions with applications to optical tweezing, particles sorting, and nano-opto-mechanical devices for signal processing;
- All-dielectric nanophotonics.
- Metamaterials and Metasurfaces
- Optical Cloaking
For additional details: http://optomech.ifmo.ru/en/
Course Level: PhD diploma will be awarded by ITMO University, Saint-Petersburg, Russia.
Contract Duration: Three years with a probable extension, full coverage of tuition fees plus salary.
Applicants should provide the following list of documents:
- Certificate of Master Degree
- Detailed academic CV
- Full list of publications
- Applicants with experience with CST Microwave Studio, Comsol, Lumerical, Matlab, Mathematica are preferred.
Nationality: Applicants from any country are eligible to apply this scholarship.
How to Apply: Applications must be submitted by e-mail.
Application Deadline: 1.05.2016
Contacts: On project details applicants should contact Dr. Alexander Shalin, firstname.lastname@example.org or Sofia Frank, email@example.com